Incorporate Online, Incorporation Services, LLC, File A Trademark, And Copyrights

Call M-F 7am - 5pm PT (Se Habla Español)

Articles of Amendment

Change a Business Name, Address, and More

Any time a change needs to be made to a corporation or LLC, the state requires the filing of an Article of Amendment.

File An Amendment With MyCorporation

  • Add or remove shareholders or members
  • Change your business contact information
  • Alter or change your business name
File an Article of Amendment Online with MyCorporation®

File An Amendment

Starting At $99

Order Now

How Does it Work?

Answer a few basic questions

We'll prepare your business filings

You'll receive your completed filings

Corporate Kits Keep You Organized

Stay organized and keep vital business documents within reach when you store and display these articles in an Elite Corporate Kit.

Glossary of Terms

Get definitions for frequently used business formation terms, and become more knowledgeable about commonly used language associated with running a buisness.

Many states require that a business file an Article of Amendment when making any changes to a corporation or LLC. We will prepare your Articles of Amendment for review and submission to the appropriate state agency in any of the 50 states to amend the "Articles of Incorporation" or "Articles of Organization."

Articles of Amendment are sometimes referred to as "Certificates of Amendment." In addition to changing your company name, the filing of Articles of Amendment can change the following information:

  • Name and address of the registered agent
  • Principal office address
  • Names and addresses of directors or members
  • Description of business activities
  • Number of authorized shares
  • Any other information included in the Articles of Incorporation

File an article of amendment for your business online with MyCorporation for only $99

Get Started

How It Works

Change is Good when it's This Easy

  1. Fill out and submit the Articles of Amendment order form
  2. You will find requests for standard contact, billing, and authorization information, plus specific requests regarding your director/officer or member information along with amendment type, amendment details, and method of approval.
  3. We'll complete the necessary documentation, and will forward documents to you that require your signature.
  4. Upon return to us, we will file your document with the state.
  5. Upon state approval, final documents will be mailed to you for your records.


What if I want to change the name of my company?

The only way to change the legal name of a state-level entity such as a corporation or LLC is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation/Organization.

How do I change the number, class, or par value, of shares that my corporation is authorized to issue?

In most states, the only way to change authorized share information is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation.

What other information can I change by filing an amendment?

In addition to changing company name or authorized shares, the filing of Articles of Amendment can change the following information if desired:

  • The name and address of the registered agent
  • The principal office address
  • The names and addresses of directors or members
  • The description of business activities
  • Any other information included in the Articles of Incorporation/Organization

Get State Specific Filing Information


Select Type of Entity and State to continue