Incorporate Online, Incorporation Services, LLC, File A Trademark, And Copyrights

Call M-F 7am - 5pm PT (Se Habla Español)

Creating Your Initial Report

Requirements For Starting Your Business

Some states require that you file an Initial Report upon forming your business. This presents one more task and deadline to keep track of.

  • We file and submit all of the necessary paperwork for you
  • Our knowledgeable staff will ensure your documents are properly filed
  • Stay in good standing with your state of incorporation
File Your Initial Report Online With MyCorporation

File Your Initial Report Online

Starting At Only $69

Order Now

How Does it Work?

Answer a few basic questions

We'll prepare your business filings

You'll receive your completed filings

Help Me Choose

Not sure if you should incorporate or form an LLC? Answer these questions to help you decide. Check out our comparison chart.

Existing Corporation or LLC?

Elect S-Corp status to change how an existing corporation or LLC is federally taxed.

In some states, corporations or LLCs are required to pay annual fees and taxes for the privilege of operating as a state-level entity. In addition to these taxes, some states also require that you submit information about business activities and any changes to your principals or addresses. In some states, this information is referred to as an Annual Report, or Statement of Information.

Please note that under most conditions (whether a new business, conducting business, or not conducting business at the time, etc.) you are required to file according to your state's schedules. Schedules for filing vary by each state. If you fail to provide the required information on time, in addition to penalties and late fees imposed by your state, your corporation or LLC could be subject to suspension or even dissolution. Some states require that you file an Initial Report upon forming your business. MyCorporation can take this task off your plate by filing the Initial Report for you.

MyCorporation can help you file an initial report for only $69

Get Started

How It Works

  1. Fill out and submit the Initial Report Filing Application Preparation order form .
  2. You will find requests for standard contact, billing, and authorization information, plus specific requests regarding your entity, registered agent, corporate director, and corporate officer information.
  3. We'll prepare the necessary documentation for filing and forward the documents to you for your signature.
  4. Sign the documents and forward to MyCorporation. We will then forward on to the Secretary of State.


When should I file my Initial Report or Statement of Information?

In most states, the initial report is due shortly after the corporation is formed. Failure to timely file could result in a penalty. Keep in mind that the filing deadlines and requirements are not the same for every state, and you should confirm with the state in which you are incorporated. MyCorporation will automatically check the due dates when an initial report order is placed.

Why type of information might appear on the Initial Report or Statement of Information?

Information required generally includes the following:

  1. The name and address of the current agent for service of process (i.e., the "Registered Agent" or "Resident Agent")
  2. The corporation's principal business address
  3. The names and addresses of the officers, directors, or members
  4. A description of the business activities being conducted

In addition, many states will require information on share issuance, assets, and property. Since requirements vary by jurisdiction, we'll make sure your documents are filed correctly.

Get State Specific Filing Information


Select Type of Entity and State to continue