Incorporate Online, Incorporation Services, LLC, File A Trademark, And Copyrights

Call M-F 7am - 5pm PT (Se Habla Español)

Frequently Asked Questions

Get Answers To Common Business Filing Service Questions

MyCorporation offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about filing, creating an account, service orders, and other common inquiries. Follow links contained within an answer section for additional support. Click on a subject to view answers relating to your selection. If you have any further questions, you should contact a customer service representative.

Payment and Billing

How do I use a coupon?

To redeem a promotional offer or coupon, just enter your coupon code on the review cart screen and hit validate. Your discount will then be applied to the order.

What is annual auto renew?

Annual auto renew ensures that you experience NO SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. For your convenience we will automatically renew your service (note: annual auto renew applies to the following products: Registered Agent Service, Annual Reports, MyIncGuard and Maintain MyBiz). Upon placing your order and providing payment, you will agree and consent to the automatic renewal of the selected service each year. If you choose to cancel your service and discontinue automatic annual billing, MyCorporation must receive your written notice of cancellation at least 30 days before the next renewal term.

What types of payment do you accept?

MyCorporation accepts American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Unfortunately, MyCorporation cannot accept checks.

What is your refund policy??

For information regarding returns, please visit the Legal section of our website for more details.

Shipping and Handling

What are your shipping costs?

Shipping and processing costs vary by product. Please click on the "Get A Quote for Your Order Now" link on each product's page to determine the shipping cost.

Why I am being charged for shipping?

Several shipments are required throughout the process, to obtain signatures and to forward and return signed and filed documents. In addition, all shipments are via priority shipping, for tracking purposes.

Do you ship to P.O. Boxes?

Unfortunately, we require a physical address for delivery so that we can track your shipment and ensure delivery.

Do you ship to international addresses?

Yes. MyCorporation can ship internationally via UPS for an additional fee.

Create An Account

How do I create a MyAccount?

To create an account with MyCorporation please click on the MyAccount link on the home page. Enter your email address and password and click submit.

What are the benefits of creating a MyAccount?

Use MyAccount to save an order in process, finish an incomplete order or review order history.

I cannot track my order in MyAccount.

Unfortunately, MyAccount does not support order tracking at this time. Please contact Customer Service for an update on status.

I forgot my password. What should I do?

Click on the MyAccount link on the home page and select "Forgot Password." MyCorporation will email you a new password to the email on record.

Misc. Questions

What are the benefits of creating a MyAccount?

Use MyAccount to save an order in process, finish an incomplete order or review order history.

What is the MyCorporation Rush Service?

This is the quickest way to get your documents. With MyCorporation's Rush Service, your order will be placed in priority processing.

Where is my order?

Yes. To make a change or cancelation of your order, contact a representative at or call at 877-692-6772 M-F: 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pacific. Adjustments or cancelations may be subject to fees, depending on the order status.

What if I am not satisfied with my order?

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, please contact MyCorp at or call at 877-692-6772 M-F: 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pacific and our representatives will be happy to address any of your concerns.

Which products do you offer?

MyCorporation offers a wide range of products and services which can help you start a business, manage and maintain one, or obtain trademarks and copyrights to protect your name/business identity as well as your original work. A comprehensive list of services and products offered can be found on our homepage at

How do I contact MyCorporation?

MyCorporation's physical address is 23586 Calabasas Rd., Suite 102, Calabasas, CA 91302. We can also be reached by email at or toll free: 1-877-MY-CORP-2 (1-877-692-6772) Monday through Friday, 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pacific. Our fax number is 1-818-879-8005.

Is MyCorporation a law firm?

No. MyCorporation is a Document Filing Service and CANNOT provide you with legal or financial advice. The information on the website is designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is presented with the understanding that MyCorporation is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services. If legal advice or other professional assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought.

Is there a cost to revise my order?

There is a $25 reprocessing fee depending on if the ocuments have been prepared or filed.

Do you offer competitor price-matching or a best price guarantee?

Because we offer a range of products and services in our packages that other companies typically do not, it is difficult to directly match prices. However, our bundles are competively priced and typically provide the same or greater service for a lower price. Please contact customer service for additional information at or call at 877-692-6772 M-F: 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

How do I change my e-mail or address information?

To change any information regarding your order or contact information, contact a representative at or call at 877-692-6772 M-F: 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

Will MyCorporation file my documents?

Yes. You provide us with your information, and we take care of the rest.

What is MyCorporation's privacy policy?

Our privacy policy may be viewed on our website at

How do I check the current status of my order?

For any question regarding the status of your order, feel free to contact a representative at or call at 877-692-6772 M-F: 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

What if there is an error in my state-filed documents?

MyCorporation strives to provide accurate filings and thoroughly examines each order to prevent the possibility of error. In the unlikely event that there is an error with your order, we will respond promptly to remedy it if we are responsible.

Basic Product Information

In which state should I incorporate?

Typically, most customers incorporate in the state in which they conduct the majority of their business. However, some customers choose to file out of state for various reasons. You may want to consult with an attorney or accountant to learn about the consequences of filing in a particular state.

What is an LLC?

An LLC or Limited Liability Company is a separate legal entity much like a corporation but is generally treated as a sole proprietorship (in single member LLCs) or partnership (in multiple-member LLCs) for federal tax purposes. It combines the limited liability advantages of a corporation with the flexibility and simplified tax treatment of a sole proprietorship or partnership.

What is a registered agent?

A registered agent is an individual or entity designated by the corporation to accept official documents and service of process on behalf of the entity.

What is the difference between a Corporation and an LLC?

Both corporations an LLC's offer limited liability protection. With the LLC, most states require fewer formalities to be observed in comparison to a corporation. Typically, corporations are independent legal and tax entities; whereas LLC's are independent legal entities but not independent tax entities (i.e. income tax for LLCs are reported and paid on owners' personal income tax returns). Generally, C-Corporations are taxed once for the profits and then any dividends paid are taxed again at the shareholder's rate.

What is an S-Corp?

AAn S-Corp is the same as a C-Corp, except for the way it is taxed. An S-Corp is taxed similar to the way an LLC is taxed, i.e., income taxes are reported and paid by the owners rather than the company itself. There are pros and cons to the S-Corp tax election; therefore, competent profession tax advice is strongly advised.

What is a trademark or service mark?

A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. A service mark is the same as a trademark, except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product.

What does a copyright protect?

Copyright Law protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, domain names, names, titles or slogans.

What are the benefits of incorporation?

Typically, people form corps to protect their personal assets through limited liability protection. In addition, one can save money on taxes, reduce the chance of an audit and establish credibility with customers.

What is an EIN and do I need one with my corporation?

An EIN is a federal identification number issued y the IRS to identify a business entity. Typically, an EIN is necessary when hiring employees or opening a bank account for tax purposes.

What is the difference between a business license and a DBA?

A DBA is generally use when the company wants to do business under a different name than the personal or business name. A business license is an authorization or document issued by the local or state government and required for business operations.

What is My IncGuard?

My IncGuard is a compliance monitor system provided and co-branded with NRAI that sends email notifications reminding customers of the required dates and filings associated with keeping their entity in good standing. Notifications are calculated based on the date and state of formation.

What are the differences in your bundles?

Our Basic package provides a name availability search and articles of incorporation. Our next package, the Standard, provides Corporate Bylaws, Minutes, Waivers, and Stock Transfer Ledger, Compliance Tips on CD, Stock Certificates, and an Annual Report Services. The Deluxe package is our most popular and includes everything in the Standard package, as well as a NOLO Corporate Handbook and Registered Agent Services. Our Premium package is the most comprehensive, providing everything offered in the Deluxe, but includes our MaintainMyBiz services, specifically designed to help you effortlessly maintain your corporation.

Still have Questions? Contact us for additional support.

Get State Specific Filing Information


Select Type of Entity and State to continue