Canada Articles of Amendment

Make formal changes to business details.

Any time a change needs to be made to a corporation or LLC, the state requires the filing of an Article of Amendment. We make it simple to file your articles of ammendment to make changes to your business name, shareholders or members, or your business contact details.

Why should I file my articles of amendment with MyCorporation?

Save Time

We help you manage the filings to ensure that your amendment is done right the first time. Save time and money by letting us handle the paperwork and guide you through the entire process.

Save time and money

Meet your requirements for all jurisdictions in Canada without lifting a finger. MyCorporation completes your filings on your behalf, making the process quick and painless.

What are articles of amendment?

Articles of Amendment are sometimes referred to as "Certificates of Amendment." In addition to changing your company name, the filing of Articles of Amendment can change the following information:

  • Name and address of the registered agent
  • Principal office address
  • Names and addresses of directors or members
  • Description of business activities
  • Number of authorized shares
  • Any other information included in the Articles of Incorporation

In Canada, you are required to file an Article of Amendment when making any changes to your corporation or its details. We will prepare your Articles of Amendment for review and submission to the appropriate state agency in any province to amend the "Articles of Incorporation" or "Articles of Organization."

File an article of amendment for your business online with MyCorporation for only $129

Customer Reviews

We offer excellent customer support and assistance throughout the incorporation process to make starting your business easy. See what some of our customers are saying.

Business Filing Services

We offer the business filing services you need to run your business in Canada with ease.

Incorporate Your Business

Incorporate Your Business

Protect your assets, save on taxes, and gain credibility by incorporating your business.

Register a Business Name

Business Name Registration

Operate your business under a name other than your legal name.

Business Name Search Report

Corporate Name Search Report

Conduct a corporate name search report to determine if your name is available.

Corporate Kits, Seals, and Embossers

Order Corporate Supplies

High quality corporate kits, company seals, and sample business documents.

Canadian Trademark Filings

File Your Trademark

Register your unique mark with the CIPO in just a few simple steps.

Canadian Trademark Filings

Articles of Amendment

Make changes to your business name, company details and more.

Frequently asked questions

The only way to change the legal name of a state-level entity such as a corporation or LLC is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation/Organization.

In most states, the only way to change authorized share information is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation.